Mama Duck
This week we have inspiration and ideas from a few places.

The first being one of our preferred grocery stores that is offering 4 different bulk meat packages. I just had to order 1 day in advance. I chose the largest because you know how much I like to save money and buy meats in bulk. For $79.99 + tax I got:

(all weights are approx)
4lb 80% ground beef
3.6 lb beef shoulder steaks
4 lb beef chuck roast
7.75lb butt portion ham
3.5 lb assorted pork chops
2lbs beef hotdogs
2lbs smoked bacon
8lb roaster chicken
4lb split chicken breasts

so thats about 41lbs of assorted meats for $1.90lb! I know some of them I can get on sale for less then $1.99lb, however others I can't and I think this is balancing out nicely.

My other preferred grocery store is having some great sales as well
bnls chicken breasts $1.79lb.
and 80% lean ground beef - $1.79lb

I can only buy one package of each at a time, but thats ok.

Next inspiration was from a coworker. She was talking to a patient who was telling her about some awesome cream of garlic soup she had at a local restaurant. So while I'm not generally a huge fan of strong garlic taste.. I am now in search for a recipe. This is the next one to try

My biggest challenge is now deciding what to make with all my options, lol.

Sunday - Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green bean almondine
Monday - Moo Shu Pork, veggie undecided
Tuesday - Cream of Potato Soup with cheddar cheese and bacon
Wednesday - Hot dogs, corn
Thursday - Malaysian Fried Chicken, rice, steamed veggies
Friday - Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Glaze , broccoli - if I have to eat green beans.. Joe can eat broccoli
Saturday - Cream of Garlic soup and sandwiches
0 Responses