Mama Duck
Sunday - Chicken Parmesan with pasta and sauteed zucchini
Monday - Pizza ($8.25 for a plain cheese pie)
Tuesday - Sausage and peppers - Joy of Cooking version
I decided to make a dessert and I wanted chocolate, but kicked up a bit. So I found a recipe for this...
Wednesday - Leftovers as I get home after 8pm and Joe's at work
Thursday - Potato and Bacon Torte with Cafe Green Salad and applesauce granita
Friday - Chicken over tossed salad with choice of dressing
Saturday - To be determined

I was actually given a hint by a friend that she missed this blog so I am starting it up again. Although by her emails she is well on her way to out doing my attempts and could do her own blog. She even makes home made bread regularly, lol. Instead of overthinking it today I just sat down and said lets get this done!

If you watch the the Food Network a couple of things may look familiar up there. I enjoy watching the Next Food Network Star and the competition just ended with Melissa, a SAHM with no formal training, was the winner. Her new show is called Ten Dollar Dinners and I'm all for that. Thursday's meal is the menu featured on today's episode, lol. The Chicken Parmesan is also partly from her. On the last episode she shows how she does a 4 step chicken that can have endless options. One of the steps is to dredge the chicken in flour using a ziploc bag. Now this is nothing earth shaking or new, but I just hadn't really done it before. I did this with some chicken breasts the other night and they came out wonderful! I made a pan sauce with evaporated milk, butter , salt and pepper. It needs something else but was tasty none the less. I'll have to experiment more with the base recipe in the future, lol.
2 Responses
  1. Kate Says:

    Do they have Melissa's recipes online? I didn't get to watch the episode. BOOHOO!!!

    Looks great! I don't have our meals planned out for the week, but I have an idea. =) I found a recipe online for French dips sandwiches i am DYING to make!!!


  2. Mama Duck Says:

    They have some of her recipes. the ones from Sunday's show are on there. I can't wait to make that potato torte. I know its more of a fall dish, but it sounds so yummy.

    ooo what's the french dip recipe? I LOVE those!!