Mama Duck
I bought my crockpot when we moved into this house. Just about 5 years ago. It's stainless steel, removeable stoneware pot and very dependable. However I think that it tends to cook too fast. I would love a Rival Smart Crock Pot that automatically switches to warm. On Friday I made the chicken and dumplings. I had an auto temperature changer. I call it Joe, lol.  I set up the chicken to start in the morning at 6am and left him a note to turn it down to low as of 11am. I was then going to have him add in the dumplings for another 30-60 minutes and let it cool and place in the fridge. However he spent his day getting our cars inspected. Pretty much a necessity as they were both due in August. He left the house around 8 and got back at about 12 and turned the crock pot to low. I told him when he got back home (he was heading out with the second car) to call me and I'd tell him the trick for easy dumplings. He never called and I left work at 5:30... with the crock pot still going strong on Keep Warm. I got home, flipped it to high, added the dumplings (torn up refrigerated biscuits) and much to my surprise there was still quite a bit of liquid in the crock pot. usually it gets dried out more then expected. I went looking at reviews of the Rival and a Hamilton Beach crock pot and have decided to get the Rival one. It will automatically switch to low and keep foods perfect. If all goes as planned I'll pick it up Tuesday morning and will have it all set to go for a dish I have planned on Wednesday. I think I'll take the other one into work and use it for warm drinks for staff and patients as an occasional treat.
2 Responses
  1. Kate Says:

    I LOVE mine... though it is significantly more expensive than the one you picked out.

    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku8260341/index.cfm?pkey=celectrics-all-clad


  2. Mama Duck Says:

    hmmmm.. have to say I'm not looking to invest quite that much yet, lol